Qiran stands for combining two items i.e. Umrah and hajj in one Ihram. The two are undertaken together.
One will have to perform Tawaf-al-Qudoom before Waqoof-e-Arafat. It is a Sunnaht as was practiced by the Holy Prophet (PBUH). It is to be kept in mind that Tawaf-al-Qudoom is different from Tawaf-e-Umrah. One can not substitute one with other.
After Tawaf-al-Qudoom the pilgrim has to walk in Saee between As-Safa and Al-Marwah. In case Saee after Tawaf-al-Qudoom is missed due to any reason one will have to perform this after Tawaf-e-Ifadah (Ziyarat).
hajj-e-Qiran is more suitable for people coming form outside. Those living within the boundaries of Haram are not entitled for hajj-e-Qiran. In case one does this, he will be sinner and shall have to sacrifice an animal as atonement.
Saee after Tawaf-al-Qudoom is more preferable for one performing hajj-e-Qiran. In case he puts off the Saee to be after Tawaf-e-Ifada (Ziarat) he should not observe Ramal and Iztiba during Tawaf-e-Qudoom.
One who intended to perform Tawaf-al-Qadoom in hajj-e-Ifrad followed by Saee, he should observe Ramal and Iztiba in Tawaf. However it is preferable to perform Saee after Tawaf-e-Ifada.
“O Allah, I intend to perform hajj. Make the same easy for me and accept the both from me. I have conceived the Niyah for Umrah and hajj and I have adopted the Ihram sincerely for Allah.”
A pilgrim has to accomplish the following in the performance of hajj-e-Qiran:
- Donning of Ihram for Umrah and hajj ——– Condition
- Tawaf-e-Ka’abah with Ramal. Essential (Rukun)
- Saee ——- Duty (Wajib)
- Tawaf-e-Qudoom with Ramal (As ordained by Prophet) Sunnah
- Saee ——— Duty
- Waqoof (stay) in Arafat on 9th ZilHijj ——— Essential
- Waqoof (stay) in Muzdalfah ——— Essential
- Stoning the Jamrah-e-Aqaba (Greater Satan) on 10th ZilHijjah ——- Duty
- Animal slaughter. 10th to 12th ZilHijjah ——- Duty
- Shaving of Head ——- Duty
- Tawaf-e-Ifadah (or Tawaf-e-Ziarat) Essential
- Stoning all three Jamrahs (satans) on 11th and on 12th ZilHijjah ——- Duty.
- Tawaf-e-Wida before leaving Mak’kah ——- Duty.